Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Tallulah's Nutcracker - sneak peek

I grew up with E.T.A. Hoffmann's "Nussknacker und Mäusekönig". Reading it, watching the ballet, just puts me onto a train with the destination CHILDHOOD written all over it. It always felt to be one of the most magical stories to me. Tallulah gave me the opportunity to dive into this world with both feet in the present. On October 1, 2013 TALLULAH'S NUTCRACKER will be published. Written by Marilyn Singer and published by Clarion Books. If you put on the beautiful music by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky while reading this book, you can hop on that train. I listened to it while working on the final art.
And here I have a little sneak peek arranged for you.

It's Christmastime, and Tallulah finally gets what she's been wishing for--a part in a real ballet, a professional production of The Nutcracker. She's only a mouse, but she works as hard as if she had been cast as the Sugar Plum Fairy On the night of the show, everything is perfect. But then disaster strikes! Does Tallulah have what it takes to become a real ballerina?

The curtain is up for Tallulah's Nutcracker!